Hello, I hope that someone can advise.

Firstly sorry for writing in English, I do speak German, but am not confident to have write so much in detail... I hope that this is not a problem...

Several years back, I signed a "Burgschaft" for my Ex-Girlfriend, (Who is German) as she wanted to open a business and had no chance for a kredit. I did this, and forgot about it when we split up some years later.

I work as a Luft und Raumfahrt Ing for a big German company, and have a good salary.

My problem started when a yellow letter came through my door, saying that I had to pay "A LOT" of money as this woman had many debts with her business and could not pay them.

I went to a lawyer, who seems just to charge me a lot of money to not do very much.. He wrote to every one of the "Gläubige" to arrange a payment plan. Some accepted, and I immediately began paying more than 50% of my monthly salary to my Lawyer who then distributed it. I did this for two years.... All he advised me to do was to take PRIVATINSOLVENZ, even though the total open amount is less that one years salary... I said no.

At the beginning of this year, one of the Gläubige got a court order to stop a large amount of my salary at source. (My employer) Not only was my job then at risk, also this meant that it was not possible to pay any other bills.

I have no chance of taking a credit, and I see the situation as hopeless... I really do not know what to do... I could easily pay ++++€ each month if would get the chance, but with the schufa u.s.w there is no way... Now they are threatening to put me in jail if I do not pay this all immediately, the lawyer does not answer any calls or Emails...

I really do not know what to do...

Any advice would be very welcome...

Regards

James.